There are presently no open calls for submissions.
Please read all guidelines on our website carefully before submitting.
We do not accept work via email. Any submissions, through Submittable or otherwise, that do not follow our guidelines will not be considered for publication.
We do not accept previously published work, including work self-published or published online via blog or social media.
Simultaneous submissions are accepted if noted and withdrawn upon acceptance elsewhere.
- Look closely at the accepted formats on our Submittable page before you submit.
- Textual submissions will be accepted as Word .doc or PDF files (Word files preferred). Do not use characters in your file name such as : !@#$%^*/
- Include the genre and your last name as the name of the file.
- All non-poetry textual submissions should be typed, double-spaced, standard font with the author’s name and contact information on each submission.
- Please submit just once per genre, per reading period.
- Include all works of the same genre (i.e. all five poems or all three fiction shorts) as one file and send as one submission.
- You may submit in more than one genre with no penalty, but please follow the length and quantity limitations listed here. If you do submit in multiple genres, please submit each separately. (i.e. You may include up to five poems in one submission, but use a separate submission for a work of nonfiction).
- Our average response time is 3-6 months. Thank you for your patience.
- Though we cannot take every piece sent to us, we will, at times, be compelled to provide feedback - in these cases, it will take a little longer to get back to you.
- We are currently able to provide one print copy as payment to authors and are pleased to provide a print on demand option for additional copies of each issue.