There are presently no open calls for submissions.
Our standard open reading period runs September 15th - December 15th. There is no fee to submit through November 30 or for the first 1,000 submissions, whatever comes first. After that, a $2 submission fee will be required.
Our special reading period for AWP Attendees occurs annually during the conference and for three weeks after. There is no fee for AWP Attendees to submit during this timeframe.
- Make all submissions through Submittable. We do not accept submissions via email.
- We do not accept previously published work, including work self-published or work published online via blog or social media.
- We do not accept submissions from current Rowan University students, staff, or faculty.
- Simultaneous submissions are accepted if noted and withdrawn upon acceptance elsewhere.
- Please submit just once per genre, per reading period.
- Include all works of the same genre (i.e. all five poems or two flash) as one file and send as one submission.
- You may submit in more than one genre with no penalty. Please do not submit the same work in multiple categories.
- We are currently able to provide one print copy as payment to authors and are pleased to provide a print on demand option for additional copies of each issue.
- Textual submissions will be accepted as Word .doc or .docx or PDF files (Word files preferred). Please see Artwork Guidelines for instructions on submitting media files. Do not use characters in your file name such as: !@#$%^*/
- Include the genre and your last name as the name of the file.
- All prose submissions should be typed, double-spaced; poetry submissions should be typed, single-spaced
- All textual submissions should use a standard font with the author’s name and contact information on each submission.
- Our average response time is 6 months. Thank you for your patience.
- Though we cannot take every piece sent to us, we will, at times, be compelled to provide feedback - in these cases, it will take a little longer to get back to you.